Sunday, May 11, 2008

small world syndrome

My family is getting ready for yet another youth camp of our church. We had one about a month ago, and this one is due to popular demand of another batch of missionaries. As you can see, these missionaries no longer care if the weather is too hot if they would be able to spent at least three days on the beach with our youth. Anyway...

And since the youth camp is almost free (we make it appear that it isn't but it actually almost is. haha. got you confused here), people (and by people, I mean children and teenagers) I have never seen in my life or if I did they're not so significant to have their faces registered in my brain (I'm better with photographic memory rather than memorization per se) appear in church the day before we leave. Don't get wrong, I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt but really, the fact that the number of kids double the Sunday before the youth camp pisses me off.

Then again, maybe it's just my my love-for-the-small-world syndrome. My snob personality breaks free everytime the number of people around me increases. Damn it.

And I guess that's precisely the reason I'm writing right now. My mother has been receiving text messages of kids asking permission to join the camp. Apparently, from the usual 30 something number, we've reached around 60 people this time and my favorite people are not even coming! This includes my brother, Kuya Jonell, Millet, Helen, Nieves.

Argh! My small world is being offended. How will I survive my three days with a dozen of Canadians whose names I couldn't remember at all and a few more dozen of younger kids I don't usually talk to because I look scary to them! Kuya Jonell had been saving me from this syndrome by keeping me company (and crap, that's why a lot of missionaries had already thought we're dating which by the way is so out this world). And with my brother not around, who will save me from my syndrome?

Plans are literally running through my mind. Maybe I can bring my laptop and a few DVDs just in case I started to feel curling up again. I had all my batteries recharged for my mp3 and digital camera which will also keep me company. I've prepared a lot of papers in case I want to write. Argh! I feel so pathetic.

I won't be around for three days and if the next post is another ranting session, you'd probably know why. God help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment